Free School Meals
Could your child be eligible for Free School Meals?
A free school meal would allow your child to purchase a ‘meal deal’ at lunchtime. The money is automatically credited to their account for the canteen and snack hut each day.
The council will use the government benefits database to check entitlement for free school meals. Your child may be able to get free school meals if you get any of the following:
- Universal Credit with a household income of less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
- Income-Based Jobseekers’ Allowance
- Income-Related Employment and Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit, not entitled to Working Tax Credit and household income less than £16,190
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Income Support
- Working Tax Credit ‘run on’ – the payment you receive for a further four weeks after you finish work
If your child is currently eligible for free school meals, that eligibility will be protected until Universal Credit is introduced (expected March 2022) even if your circumstances change. If your child is still in education on this date, they will be eligible until they finish the phase of schooling (primary or secondary) they are in.
If you think they should be entitled please phone 01772 532109 (9am to 5pm Mon – Fri).
Alternatively you can click on the button below.